Seattle’s Burke Museum always has some interesting events, and Sunday, November 12 will be no different. Combining the annual “Bug Blast” and “Meet The Mammals” events The Burke Museum will have a full day of slimy, cuddly fun.
Hundreds of specimens from both entomology and mammal collections which are not ordinarily on display will be available, but that’s not all. David George Gordon, better known as The Bug Chef will be there with cooking demonstrations and creations to sample.
This event is included with admission to The Burke Museum (free for members or UW students/staff). In honor of Veteran’s Day, admission to the museum will be free November 12 to veterans and service members with ID.
Additional activities include:
- Touch live bugs like tarantulas and cockroaches—if you dare!
- Solve mysteries in an animal-themed scavenger hunt
- Check out mammal headgear, such as massive antlers and horns
- See beautifully-preserved butterflies displayed only at Amazing Animals!
- Examine the variety of ways mammals move—from bats that soar in the sky, to the mammals that swim in our oceans
- Animal-inspired crafts, face painting, and more!